The Sainte Catherines have been around since 1999 and are the first band Fat Wreck Chords has ever worked with from Quebec. Montreal to be exact, sacre bleu! Their Fat debut, Dancing For Decadence, is a perfect representation of their hard-working, hard-drinking, hard-hitting brand of punk rock. People call them crusty, punk, metal, hardcore…whatever, but they sarcastically describe themselves as “Motley Crue taking a bath with Tragedy while Hot Water Music argues with Leatherface about the state of punk rock.” At least we think it’s sarcastic…?
A more accurate description would have to include the fact that this is a band that is truly living among the activist/punk community. Guitarist Fred is employed full-time by Greenpeace, Marc tracks punk bands at his home studio, Bassist Pablo works at Montreal’s most renowned punk record shop, and so on. Shoot, singer Hugo is a Janitor for crying out loud, and you can’t get more punk than that! Hugo explains their bands’ involvement, “It’s just natural for us because we all share the same punk rock ideals and desire to make things better. I think it’s really weird when bands in this scene don’t have that set of beliefs.”
The French-Canadians not only have golden hearts, but iron wills. They’ve toured in 9 different countries and have more than 400 shows under their collective beret. Tours with bands like Against Me!, Leatherface, The Lawrence Arms, Strike Anywhere, etc. With the impending release of their new record the band is poised for many months of the same. They’ve already scheduled some shows with the Subhumans and have a nice long tour of European squats lined up in support of the new tunes.
The band insisted they record the new album in Montreal in an effort to capture all the scum and revelry that is their hometown. A city that has recently given birth to booming metal and indie scenes, The Sainte Catherines wanted to make sure Montreal gets its punk rock propers. On top of that, they enlisted the help of Alex Newport, who specializes in heavy rocking and has worked with bands like At The Drive In, Sepultura, The Locust, Melvins, and more. The end result is a vicious punk LP that has The Sainte Catherines and their three ripping guitars (that’s right, three guitars) firing on all cylinders. Frontman Hugo says, “It’s classic punk rock: fast, angry, melodic, and fun. And we did it right for the first time!”
Now you see why we wanted to work with these wacky bilingual punks? They’re a dynamic band made up of very dynamic people. On top of the compelling lives they lead, they also have a Country/Western side project called Yesterday’s Ring that plays sold out shows in Montreal. Totally weird, but lovable dudes, through and through. Be sure to see these road-ready punks when they come through your town and have a listen to their newest full length, Dancing For Decadence!
Gros Chat Crustello: Vocals, painting, dj, fashion consultant
Big Bod: Guitar, vocals, sound dude, back lounge
Loupidou: Guitar, vocals, walking dogs, "you sunk my battleship", overrated stuff
Fred Jacques: Guitar, vocals, barman, dumpster fred
Pablo: Bass, net-man, 1 burger with relish on the side, diddy, esco-bar
Motherfucker Rich: Drums, chalet in the nord, drive drive drive
1. Broken Cigarette
2. Look At The Moon
3. Moskitos Everywhere
4. Please Drive By
5. Thanx For The Couch
7. Poweless Power
8. Bright Stars
9. FM Love
10. La Un
11. A Crockin' Good Time at the Playdium
Re-edition of this classic Montreal punk rock album! The Sainte Catherines’ first full length album is now and for a very limited time available again in an amazing new photocopied packaging with 2 different artwork! 66 copies in total! RUN.....RUN!!!!!! (obviously those are long gone, don’t bother asking)
1. Va Donc Chier
2. Expensive Cars Chroming All-Star Team
3. D Is The Key To Open Heart Surgery
4. It’s All About Ja Rule Baby
5. No Pads, No Helmets... JUST A BUNCH OF DICKS
6. Fuck Me With A Bag Over My Head
7. Faux-Marxist Anarcho-Punks Anthem
8. Broken Art For Expensive Hearts
9. I Can’t Have Sex All The Time
10. Le Funk C’est Toujours Winner!
11. South Central Family Reprezent... Fuckers
Long awaited new recording by this Montreal 6 piece punk rock force. Jawbreaker meets At-The-Drive-In in a Montreal basement filled with friends and beer! Brutal and catchy, how can these guys pull it off!?!?!?
1. The Sainte Catherines - Sweetness Kills *
2. Fifth Hour Hero - All The Monuments
3. Ann Beretta - Forever Family (Live) *
4. Suck La Marde - Montréal Centre-Ville *
5. The Fallout Project - Rusted Machinery
6. The Insurgent - Tin Cans And Strings
7. The Frenetics - As Far As I Know *
8. SelfMadeMan - La Pluie Du Monde
9. The Honor System - The Rise And Run
10. The Couch Addiction - Take A Breath *
11. Young And Lost - Forever Lost *
12. The Planet Smashers - Never Going To Drink Again
13. Naked N’ Happy - Bud And Gerry *
14. Rollerstarter - The Ratings Said So *
15. Final Bâton - Plus, Un Épluche-Patates Gratis *
16. ...And The Saga Continues - The Ballad Of The Bugs *
17. La Descente Du Coude - L’Axe Du Mal Malaxé *
18. Speakeasy - Fuck You (I’m Nervous)
19. Simon Leduc - Folk Ça Rock *
20. Yesterday’s Ring - El Rancho *
* Previously unreleased tracks
Cheap compilation featuring songs and/or unreleased songs by THE SAINTE CATHERINES, FIFTH HOUR HERO, ANN BERETTA, YESTERDAY’S RING, LA DESCENTE DU COUDE, THE PLANET SMASHERS, THE FALLOUT PROJECT, THE INSURGENT, SELFMADEMAN, THE COUCH ADDICTION, SUCK LA MARDE, NAKED N’ HAPPY, ROLLERSTARTER, THE HONOR SYSTEM, and more!
1. Sarcastic Euphemism
2. You Shall Rise Again From Your Own Ashes
3. October 4th: The International Day Of Lies
Side W. Bush
4. Car Wash And Telemarketing
5. You Smell Like Greed Dirty Bastard
6. There’s Shit In Your Veggie Dog
7. Fuck G-20, Go V8!
Seven song EP from Montreal’s punk rock heroes... originally released on CDep on NYC’s Eyeball Records, DTC is proud to offer this great album on (colored) vinyl!